Monday, June 23, 2014

June ATC for Custom Impressions' Trade


The theme for the ATC trade at Custom Impressions this month is Lace.

I choose a digital stamp by Some Odd Girl. It is a Princess Tia stamp. I choose it because she is so cute and gleeful i thought it went with a princessy lacy look. I colored it with Copics and Wink of Stella pens. I did the fussy cut around the stamp using the print and cut feature on my Eclips. This was my first try doing this and it worked pretty good. I need to practice centering more.

For the background of the ATC, I sprayed Prima Bloom over a floral mask. I then added a strip of lace that I had also colored with Prima Bloom sprays. (Both with Gold and Tea colors.) The lace looked way more brown than the sparkling gold I was hoping for, so I added some gold stickles to try and increase the sparkle factor. 

I have to admit that this ATC did not end up l quite like I originally envisioned it. I wanted more sparkly, princess. I think its ok, and I really like how the Eclips worked and the coloring of the stamp. But the lace just seemed to end up blah, and that should have been the wow factor.

Do you guys think its blah too? What do you when a plan starts to go awry? Do you start over or try and fix it? For me it depends on time, how about you?

The ATC trade is the last Sunday of the Month at Custom Impressions. Please call ((562) 430-8100) for details and themes. Hope to see you next month!  

No comments:

Post a Comment