Sunday, November 2, 2014

A Card for My Guy While He's Away

I have been seriously missing my guy while his is gone for work. So, I decided to make him a care package with some candy and a card to let him know how much I missed him. 

For the care package I was sent him some Japanese Kit Kats in green tea and vanilla flavors. And I also sent him some Aero bars in green tea. I also added some treats from a dog that is near where he worked.
 
For the card I used some Just Rite stamps I already had. The background stamp is called Time Flies and was designed by Amy Tedder. It features a pocket watch with the banner across that you can add a sentiment to. I added a sentiment (sending my love), also by Just Rite, that was curved to fit in banners like this.


To create the card I first did a stamp with brown Memento ink of the whole background. I colored it in lightly with soft E Copics, aiming for a washed look. Next, I stamped the wings, watch and "tail" sections and fussy cut them out. I colored the with Copics (BG 00 & 02 for wings, G22 & G00 for "tail"). I added a touch of stickles to the wings. Then, with Versamark ink,  I stamped just the watch and embossed it with Stampendous bronze powder. I then fussy cut out the embossed pocket watch. Finally, I stamped the image so it was justvthe banner, again with Momento. Inside the banner I stamped my sentiment. (I was originally planning to use a glue stamp pad and fine glitter for the sentiment, but that method did not seem legible.) I once again used embosssing powder, this time in blue. The banner itself was coloered with pale R Copics.

To assemble the card I first put down the large backgrounds now then I added pop dots to the back of all the fussy cut pieces.  Then, starting with the largest piece, I lined the up with the main image and attached. This created a layered, 3D card. The whole image was attached to card base and was ready to mail to my sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment