Saturday, June 16, 2012

Another card!

This is a card I made for Will to send to his Nana.  I wanted to do some thing cute and bright and fun, but sorta simple.   I decided to use plain card stock in yellows, pinks and oranges with a light blue background.  For the design I turned to my handy and helpful Cricut machine.  The main cartridge I used was the Everyday Pop Up Cards.  On the front I used the "Just a Note" Bird card.  I layered 2 sizes of the card to give it some interest and depth.  I also added a second wing directly on top of the first and only glued it at the base so it had some three dimensionality. I also added the three flowers from the Teapot card and used the notes that cut out of the "O" in note to further decorate the front.


On the inside I did the popup from the Flowerbox card.  I find some of the popups hard to understand because ther e is not much instruction with the cartridge, so I followed the way it was done on Crafting with Katie's site.I made the flower box in colors in its flat form and attached it to the pop out instead of trying to stick the individual flowers in the slots. That was so much help. Thanks Katie!!  Above the flower box i added clouds and a smiling sun from the Create a Critter cartridge. (Will suggested the sun) and added a small bird from the Picturesque cartridge (Robin).  The clouds are the only place I used a pattern paper- they are in the striped white and grey from the K and Company (Primary) Designer's Paper. (I should have gotten 2 of theses, I love the subtle monochrome patterns. So useful on cricut designs.)


I think the card came out adorable and happy.  what do you think?  Have any of you tried the pop up cards on the Cricut?  I would love to see how some of the other cards work and look.  Thanks for reading! XXOO

Product List:
  • Cricut cartridges: Everyday Pop Up Cards, Create a Critter and Picturesque
  • Paper: Michael's cardstock and K & Co. Designer Paper

No comments:

Post a Comment