Monday, January 14, 2013

The Last Christmas gift of the season

To finish off my crafty Christmas /holiday season there is another gift I want to share.  This one is for my friend who introduced me to scrapbooking through the Cricut. 

I used another kit from Pinecone Press.  This one is a perpetual calendar / address book using Graphic 45's "Place In Time" papers.  I have recently started to get into buttons as embellishments, so I added quite a few.  In fact I added so many buttons and embellishments that the book doesnt close flat. Luckily my friend loves a minibook so full it looks like its exploding!

Also the book gives you an option to make photo mats to add your own pictures to the calendar decorations or to just make it decorative and add extra images from the beautiful paper.  I checked and my friend said she would prefer the extra images and embellishments. So that is the version you see in my pictures. Which, by the way I took with my phone, so the quality may be meh.

Front Cover: I choose slightly different images for the cover and added some buttons, pearls, a cameo and Teresa Collins bling.  I also added ribbon and some paper roses to the spiral binding. The kit comes with printed calendar and address book pages that are pre punched for the spiral.
 
January (and following months): The kit has you add the pattern paper across from each months calendar and as a strip at the top with the month.  The background is from the pattern side of the G45 paper and the decorative pieces are from the other side with the images and borders.  The kit has a diagram of where to cut.  On each month I added a button or other embellishment I thought matched the vibe of that month. Like a cameo for February, a star in July or a button that says lucky in November.


 
 
 

The address book portion didn't have any decorations.  If you are interested in getting a kit they are available on the Pinecone Press website.  The additional materials I used were various buttons (I know some were October Afternoon and Teresa Collins), rhinestones, pearls, and other embellishments.  And although the kit does provide you with plenty of ribbon for the whole book, I did use some additional ribbons I liked.

I think this book is a great idea, especially for people who are as forgetful of dates and birthdays as I am.  In fact I bought a second kit I intend to make for myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment