Sunday, February 24, 2013

Multimedia Class- Splash of Color!


Yesterday I got to go to Splash of Color in Huntington Beach, CA and take a class taught by Marah Johnson.  Splash of Color is a merge of Creative Imaginations and Viva Decor.  The class was about multimedia techniques, particularly those using their new Silks acrylic glazes.  We made a collage board that can be used as a display for the items we used.  (I gave Rachel mine to put in the store.)

The Silks were pretty awesome.  The were sheer and iridescent, but were smooth and didn't make the paper go all wavy.  They also mixed well with gesso.  I also really liked the Inka Gold products.  It was so simple to add some shiny gold or other metallic to a project with just a swipe.  The Splash od color crackle was cool too- its like a paste not a paint, they also make a base for it.  The base lets it be sticky in the "cracks" so you can add Perfect Pearls or maybe glitter.

I had a really nice time and met alot of local Southern CA store owners.  It was also pretty cool to meet Marah Johnson, If you go back to my first post I think I used at least 2 of the Creative Imaginations papers she designed.

Now to get my havds on some gold crackle and a couple - few Silks and dress up my sketchbook cover.....

No comments:

Post a Comment