Monday, August 13, 2012

My First Shop Hop!

I just wrapped up doing the So Cal Shop Hop. And O M G that was so much fun!!  I didn't even know this even existed until I visited a local store and saw a sign advertising it.  I teamed up with Rosie and we went to all the stores.  They had fun photo ops and pins and make and takes. I spent far far too much, but I got a 20% discount at all the stores so whoo hoo! 

I bought or earned all the pins and both (2) make and takes from each store.  So I think I have a big chore in front of me to finish putting everything together.  I plan to make a custom album that will allow for the pin to be stored on the same page as the make and takes.  Any ideas?  I was thinking ribbon or a strip of card stock could be a base for the pins.

Some of the highlights for me were:
  • the make and take at Stamping Details in Poway, CA. They taught me a new technique using Versamark and perfect pearls and the butter flies were so pretty.
  • driving to Bakersfield, CA for the bonus stores.  I wrote and recorded my own "one hit wonder" on the way for the FB contest. lol
  • Finding some new store and meeting some new people.  Many stores like Stamping Details, Jolene's Paperie in Banning and Scrapbooking Made Simple in Santa Clarita stayed open really late to accommodate us. That was super nice.
  • Decorating my tote at my homestore, Perfect Day Scrapbooking in Huntington Beach, CA.  That was a fun night of getting to know people.  And I think my bag came out awesome.
 Did I mention there was a Wacky Holiday theme? And a Facebook picture contest (I think I did all the photos.)?  Or that Rosie broght her puppy to all the stores? (She really did- and everyone was so nice about it.) I could go on and on, but a photo is worth a thosand words, right?  So below are some pictures from the Shop Hop.






No comments:

Post a Comment